This week Cpl organised a much-needed Blood Drive in Dublin, with interested employees availing of volunteering time off to help such an important cause.
The blood drive took part at The Irish Blood Transfusion Service donation centre on D’Olier Street with transport collecting employees from our two main Dublin offices.
Why you should consider giving blood:
Every year thousands of patients require blood transfusions in our hospitals because they are undergoing surgery, recovering from cancer or have been in a serious accident.
- Blood is needed every single day of the year.
- Only 3% of the eligible Irish population give blood, providing blood for a population of over 4 million
- 3,000 blood donors are needed each week in Ireland
- One in four people will need a blood transfusion at some point in their lives
- Approximately 70,000 patients will have transfusions in Irish hospitals this year
If you’d like to find out more about giving blood or organise a Blood Ferry to facilitate a blood drive from your work in Dublin or Cork visit www.giveblood.ie