Cpl’s Q1 2018 Employment Monitor revealed that almost 70% of companies feel that the Boom is back, but only in the affluent parts of the country. Efforts are being made to ensure growth isn’t limited to the greater Dublin area. Enterprise Ireland has launched a €500,000 Competitive Start Fund to support regional start-ups. Moreover, there was a net increase of 10,309 new jobs at EI supported companies last year, with 2/3’s of these based outside of Dublin.
You can read the full report below, which includes employment market analysis from Ronan Lyons, Assistant Professor of Economics at Trinity College Dublin and other findings, including:
- 75% of employers are planning salary increases in 2018
- Over ½ of Foreign Direct Investment is going to the technology sector in Ireland
- Over 40% of employees would leave a job for a better career opportunity or a new challenge over any other factor
The information presented in the Cpl Employment Market Monitor is based on two main sources:
- Cpl’s Job Index – the number of new roles by category registered with Cpl month-on-month
- Cpl’s Sentiment Survey – feedback from jobseekers registered with Cpl, and employers nationwide