Pride is a time of celebration and awareness, of celebrating how far we have come and acknowledging the constant need for support and allies. This year in a remote world, those that are marginalised or made feel invisible need to be seen and celebrated more than ever.
Pride is a colourful, vibrant event that echos across the globe and this year is no different. Take the time to post what pride means to you, share your LGBT experiences, favourite LGBT content or even memories of past pride events, whatever it is do it loud and do it proud!
Within Cpl our BeProud network are busy collating ideas and initiatives to celebrate Pride this month.
Current Pride Initiatives in Cpl for 202o
Steps For Equality to mark the 5-year milestone since marriage equality became legal in Ireland
As part of the Steps For Equality initiative, we will be asking people within the Cpl Group to do 5 things:
- Commit to 5,000 steps in a day
- Wear a colour of the rainbow when doing so
- Post a picture on Cpl’s internal network – the Hub
- Nominate 5 colleagues to do the same
- Donate €5 to the LGBT Helpline (or UK/CEE equivalent) – LGBT Ireland is a national support service for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender people and their families and friends. Supporting, Educating and Connecting to enhance LGBT lives. For more information please visit lgbt.ie
Sharing our people’s stories
We have come along way, but we still have a way to go. Through sharing our stories from employees who are part of the LGBTQ+ community we hope to spread hope, encouragement and the message that it is ok to bring your full self to work every day.
Pride Quiz & virtual celebrations
Every year in Cpl we mark pride and although this year we can’t be physically together we will still be celebrating. The BeProud committee will be hosting a quiz with all process going to LGBTQ+ charities and rounds of questions aimed at educating our people on LGBTQ+ issues.
Happy Pride! To learn more about Cpl BeProud click here